Hostgator India Review
As most of us know that Hostgator is the largest and leading web hosting company in the world, now it is also among the very first international web hosting service providers to setup base in India. The company is running the local office from Nashik in Maharashtra and having data center facility in Hyderabad. However the data center facility is maintained by CtrlS.
Excerpts from Hostagtor India Site:
“HostGator has chosen CtrlS to be its exclusive data center and network provider and has since become CtrlS’s largest customer. HostGator’s long standing relationship with CtrlS allows HostGator customers to utilize one of the world’s best networks to power their web sites and ensure maximum uptime. CtrlS’s world-class datacenters feature state of the art security, power, safety, and cooling systems – all designed to ensure that service remains uninterrupted.”
The network is backed by Cisco certified redundant system. The whole process is continuously monitored by Hostgator .
At present Hostgator India is offering Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / VPS Hosting and Dedicated Hosting.
The popular Shared Hosting Plans are as given below, please check the official site for current pricing :
The very basic Hatchling Plan starts at Rs. 178/Monthly (ROUNDED UP from 177.77 ) for the first month.
Space, Bandwidth, SQL Databases, POP3 Email accounts and Domain Hosting are unlimited in Baby Plan and Business Plan..All plans are with 99.9% up time guarantee and this is for sure.
The Hatchling Plan is for single domain hosting only.
Other Key Features are as below:
- – Unlimited Sub Domains, FTP Accounts, and Email Accounts
- – Servers are located in India itself for lowest latency and fastest access times
- – No Contract with a 45 Day Money Back Guarantee
- – Latest cPanel Control Panel
- – Flexible, Easy to Use Control Panel
- – Free Site Builder and SiteStudio Website Building Tools
- – Free Website Transfer, Domain Transfer, MySQL Transfer, Script Transfer
- – 4,500 Free Website Templates
- – 52 Free scripts can be instantly installed on your account with a few clicks
- – Fantastico: Instant Shopping Carts, Blogs, Portals, Forums, Counters, Formmail
- – Website Statistics: AWStats, Webalizer, Raw Log Manager, Referrer and Error Logs
- – Web Based File Manager, Hotlink Protection, IP Deny Manager, Redirect URL
- – Password Protected Directories and Custom Error Pages
- – Unlimited MySQL Databases with phpMyAdmin Access
- – Programming Modules: Curl, CPAN, GD Library, ImageMagick
- – Programming Language: CGI, Fast CGI, PHP 5, Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, SSI
- – FrontPage Extensions
- – System Management: SSH Access and Cron Job Scheduling
- – Unlimited POP3 Email Accounts with SMTP
- – Receive your email to your phone via IMAP Support
- – WebMail Access: Horde, SquirrelMail, RoundCube
- – Unlimited Autoresponders, Mail Forwards, Email Aliases, Mailing Lists…and more.
Local Support and Benefits
Being a locally based Internationale hosting company, HostGator offers a vale for money. It supports accounting in local currency and also contactable on a toll free number 18002098833 and another local number 0253-6641555. You can communicate in your local language with Hostgator India Team, which is another useful add on for Indian customer. If you want to move from your existing registrar to HostGator then the technical team is there to assist you all through.
Godaddy is another giant who is operating from India, but I personally prefer them for domain registration and that is all. Hostgator is a name in itself when it comes to Web Hosting expertise. Please share your experience with Hostagtor in comments. Please read complete Hostgator terms and conditions before signing up for a new account.
Note: This is not a paid review.